I’ve got a great memory. It can be my greatest asset and my biggest curse at times because there are some things that I just cannot forget.
When I was in the first grade I had a best friend named Noelle. We did everything together, played together, hung out together, I just remember her always being around. And then after the summertime one year she wasn’t. And when we got back to school, a few weeks into it, we found out that Noelle was no longer with us and that she had died of leukemia. I don’t think I even knew what that meant at the time, but it’s stayed with me.
When Chris told me what the charity for the Internet Marketers of New York party was this time I was really happy. Happier even to see Marty at Aim Clear share his experience and story of survival. It means to me that great strides have been made over these past 23 years since my first acquaintance with the disease, and that things are getting done.
So in case you are at all on the fence about going to this party, here are my 5 reasons why you should attend. Other than the fact that it’ a great and worthy cause.
5 Reasons why YOU should attend the IMNY Charity Event to Benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
1) If you are new to this industry and plan to attend the conference, this is a great opportunity to get acquainted with people, and to brush elbows with a lot of the people that you are paying to hear speak. Consider it like getting to go backstage at a Bon Jovi concert a day before the show! (Am I giving to much away about my age here? ;) )
2) $40 for open bar and free food ANYWHERE in NYC is a terrific deal. Trust me on that one. Best of the Web is graciously picking up the tab on everything so that all money donated goes directly to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
3) Poking, throwing sheep at each other, and hi-fiving on facebook is all well and good, but how much better would it be to do those things in person?!
4) There are going to be cool prizes you can win!!
5) It’s a conference focusing on social media. Let’s get social!
Bonus) Frank is going to wear his party suit!
So there it is. In all seriousness, I am proud to be a New Yorker and even more proud that there seems to be a trend starting in which IMNY hosts a charity event on the eve of conferences that are held here. Sometimes NY can really feel like a small town where people actually care about each other. Let’s keep this trend going and support it with your attendance. I’m looking forward to seeing you all there!
Here are the details for those who can make it:
I hope to see you there!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the 10e20 RSS Feed!