Many are calling it “the end of an era” in the Search Engine Marketing blogosphere. Danny is in fact leaving Search Engine Watch, but soon heading into a bold, new land of his own – Search Engine Land — which launches on December 11th.
Along with Danny comes the committed Chris Sherman, Barry Schwartz and a gang of other talented folks. They will be providing information about search engine marketing and how search engines work in general, from a searcher’s perspective. When the new site launches, it will provide visitors with features like:
- Original content covering developments in the search space.
- Daily blog posts covering search news from across the web.
- SearchCap: A daily email newsletter recapping search news from Search Engine Land and across the web. Also available by feed.
- SearchCap Monthly: A monthly email newsletter recapping search news over the past month. Also available by feed.
- A fresh, clean look — complete with new logo. Voted for by bloggers like you.
Danny and his team are excited about the upcoming launch of the site and surely it will be interesting to see how Search Engine Watch fares without Danny aboard, even though they claim they are committed to the search marketing community. It will be interesting to see how SEW will continue in-depth coverage of search engine technology, search marketing products, industry events and happenings, as well as updates on related SEM news and community discussions.
But hey, what you think about Danny’s new venture? Do you think it is a good move for him? Do you think SEW is going to do better without him or what (yes I had to ask even though I already know the answer)? And don’t forget to say a couple of words for him at his virtual going away party…