Links remain the most important part of any search engine marketing campaign. Links are SEO. The difference between link building in 2002 and link building in 2007 is that the search engines are better equipped to evaluate those links, and this forces website owners to up their game. Keep building links, just be smart about it.
Here are 10 good tips for intelligent link buying:
1. Buy links from websites which exercise editorial integrity.
2. Vary Your Anchor Text
3. Buy Non-Keyword Links
4. Avoid Site-wide Links
5. PageRank Zero Can Pass Link Weight
6. Avoid Automated Link Spamming
7. Image Links And ALT Text
8. A Link On A Page Is Not The Same As A Link On A Page
9. Do NOT Rent Links
10. Google Tells You Where To Get Links